Sunday, February 23, 2014

Inspiration: Priceless?

I don't know if more people really are thinking about their health, or if technology has just made us think there are. Either way, whatever motivates people can't be a bad thing, right? 

I don't know how many of you have heard of Arthur Boorman , but I have to say, his video is pretty inspirational. However, it's being used to sell a product. 

I have seen lots of other weight loss "inspirational" motivators in my time including #giveit100, The good old Tae Bo videos and many others. 

Many of my friends have even taken up their own Facebook pages to help motivate people, which I think sends two messages 1) That they want to inspire others 2) That they think they are the new and hottest thing out there. 

Honestly, good for you, but I am not going to "like" your page. This doesn't mean I don't support your awesome transformation, but that doesn't mean I want to see your random success posts on my news feed all the time. Facebook's news feed is already filled with too much crap as is, these days. 

I do say that regardless of the motives behind all these videos and pages, it's still a good motivator for some. When you are trying to loose weight, as I speak from experience, it is nice to have more inspiration than just one source. It helps you keep trying, instead of just giving up. 

In a stressful world, sometimes it seems easier to give up than to keep going. And I know, that even though I am not buying DDP Yoga, that I still thought "If Arthur can do it, so can I." Regardless of whether I do it with his sales pitch or not. 

Just be careful when being inspired. Be inspired to motivate yourself to meet your own goals and not someone else's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment