Sunday, February 2, 2014

If my life was a Super Bowl....

Tonight's Super Bowl was well, let me put it this way: I almost fell asleep.

I really don't have any football allegiances, at least not in the pros. All I wanted was to watch a close game and feel smart, now that I cover high school football on occasion. Instead, I just stuffed myself and chased my child around my friends' apartment. The sad part is, I didn't feel like I was missing thing. 

I started wondering, what would my life be like in Super Bowl terms? 

I don't know if I would win or lose, which i guess none of us really do until the game of life is over. 

However I would like to say I've made a few touchdowns:

-Graduating HS
-Experiencing that "first love"
-Graduating college
- Getting Married
- Having a kid
-Getting a Job in my career field

I also know I have experienced a few turnarounds and fumbles:

-experiencing that "first love" (ha ha, good and bad)
-having debt at one point or another
- hurting someone I care about because of bad judgement
-jumping into something too quickly

I am sure I have left out both fumbled and touchdowns. No matter what life has been like for any individual, try to sit down and think about your touchdowns. I betcha they outweigh the fumbles almost every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment