Friday, May 31, 2013

Garage sale goers

My family never went garage saleing that often, or really ever that I can recall. Reagan's mom has always been a great garage sale goer. I think she had the right idea.

When you have a lot of kids (she has 7) you have to be able to find the best deals. Today, we bought a train set for Christmas for Noah. Usually, it seems at the holidays that we are lacking money for some reason. Not to mention we are terrible at saving. Hopefully, the day will come when we are better off and can put some aside for things like that.

Even if you don't have kids, garage sales can be great! You just have to have the patience to drive from place to place. The garage sale goers miracle tool is Craig's list, the newspaper and the radio. You find an address for a sale, write it down in advance and then map out your weekend.

Another man's trash is another one's treasure, as they say. Today I got 3 volumes of the 90's X-Men cartoons, 10 outfits for Noah, the train set (which was worth probably 100 normally, because it was really nice), a few movies for Noah and a practically new blender (which we needed). I think we spent like $35.

I wish I had thrift shopped and went to garage sales more in my young life, maybe then, I would be better at saving money. (Maybe). I highly recommend making a day of it.

After a morning of going to garage sales with some friends and family, Reagan and I took Noah out to eat for lunch. I ate half my meal, and we got a piece of pie for later. I am definitely getting better at reducing calorie intake!!! :) What I actually ate only was 460 calories. Not bad for eating out.

P.S: Rogersville, Willard and Mt. Vernon are having their city-wide garage sales tomorrow (if you want to brave the imminent weather)

Noah chowing down on some fries at Perkins Family Restaurant
after a morning of going to garage sales in Willard



No comments:

Post a Comment