Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Why Women are so "complicated"

Men often say women are overly complicated. Guess what, the guys have got it right. We are complicated. Why is that? How are regular people supposed to understand them?

Women are just like men in the sense that they cannot be stereotyped into one general area. Not every single woman is going to act and think the same way. For instance:  I tell both Friend A and Friend B that their dresses make them look fat. Friend A thinks to herself "Well, that was kind of mean, but I am glad you told me because now I will never wear that dress again." Friend B thinks "Someone else told me I look awesome in this dress. Karen is such a witch! How could she say such a mean thing? Now my feelings are genuinely hurt and I probably won't talk to her for awhile until I get over this."

Now which one is more rational? Many would probably say Friend A, but really Friend A might be rational about her looks, but when it comes to someone telling her that her child is badly behaved she might react like Friend B did about the dress.

Bottom line: Women rule their decisions and almost everything in their life based on emotions. Some people may disagree with me, but women are VERY over-emotional. With each woman varying to some degree, which also changes by the day.

Now, I want it clear that I am not counting myself out in this equation. I am just as crazy as the rest of them, but yes, women are crazy.

Guys on the other hand are complicated sometimes and some are more feelings oriented than others. However, if my husband isn't invited to a party he doesn't feel left out. He just thinks to him self, "Well, that sucks. Oh well." I am not invited to a party a friend or family member is having, I think, "Do they not like me anymore? Why wouldn't they invite me? Did I offend them in some way?"

That is why guys are so much easier to read and why they seem to be, even for a lot of women like myself, easier to get along with.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying women are annoying or not friendly. They just process and think differently. I am also not saying men have the emotional range of a teaspoon.

I am stating the emotional range women have is the reason other women have trouble fitting in, finding the right "click", or keeping a best friend for a lifetime. For young girls in high school or college, I have news for you, it doesn't get any easier. You go from clicks of the popular kids and nerds to divisions between single women, married women, women with kids, women without kids, religious women, non-religious women, stay-at-home-moms and working moms. You just have to find a good friend and as a wise woman once said to me, stick to her "like supa' glue!"

It's also the reason there are a lot of single men and women out there. The man who can handle a woman's crazy is hard to find. When you find someone who can handle your level of crazy, don't let them go!

No comments:

Post a Comment