Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Of Weather and Painting

The weather has been really messed up in Missouri over the last couple months. To be honest though, that is nothing new. Anyone who has ever lived in Missouri can tell you the weather is fickle and changes at the drop of a hat. 

The first week in May we had snow. Two days ago I was driving home from work in flood weather. Many people had pulled over to stop driving, but being the fool I am, I just wanted to get home. So, I kept on.

Thank goodness today reflects summer weather. I feel like we were ripped off though. Where is our spring that I enjoy almost every year? Apparently, in 2013 that spring is going to remain non-existent. 

However, being Memorial Day and all, I have major plans to soak up some sun and water in our apartment complex pool. 

Before floating in my complex oasis and burning some major calories, Reagan and I are going to go paint my parents' garage. That garage has haunted my dreams since I was young. I am sure it will haunt my dreams again if they don't ever clean it. That leaves me with having cleaning it out someday when they pass away. (assuming they don't outlive me!)

That garage often reminds me of the room of requirement from the Harry Potter series. If you want to lose something where no one will find it, the garage at "Gaddy Mansion" as my dad calls it is the perfect place. Maybe I will share the Gaddy Mansion story another day. If I shared all the stories I have heard from my dad, I could write a blog of just that for probably 30 years. 

I think it's so funny how paint companies will mix exact colors for you. The company my parents buy their paint from named the exact color "Cox Brown." (my maiden name was Cox). 

So this weekend try to have fun and not think about me painting a garage "Cox Brown," a very unappealing name. But, if you must, be happy for me because I am getting paid for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment