Saturday, June 1, 2013

A g-rated list of guilty pleasures

If there is one thing I can point out that I have learned about people, it's that everyone has different opinions on everything. Whether it is something as complicated as politics or religion or something as simple as if you like olives or not. 

We all have what we might refer to as our "guilty pleasures." Things that we love and might be a little ashamed of. Here is my list below. I know it might seem lame or sad, but I like these things so GET OVER IT and go back to eating a whole package of Oreos, or whatever you fancy that I think is disgusting and lame. 

1) Laura Croft: Tomb Raider- Yes, I admit this is very sad. For someone who has seen a combined total of 1300 movies and tv shows (via my Netflix profile ratings and yes I rate everything. We will get to that later.) it is really sad to indulge is such utter crap. However, when I am feeling upset somehow seeing a woman kick butt who is considered to be hot by many guys is somehow inspiring (yes, laugh all you want world). This does not mean I aspire to be like, especially when her character is so badly underdeveloped. It just makes me feel motivated to get up and be awesome, for some weird reason which I can't comprehend. It must be some sort of woman empowering thing. Also- Daniel Craig and Gerard Butler (the love interests in movies I and II) are both very appealing. 

2) Anything covered with lots of cheese- Ewww. I know. It's the worst way in the world to eat. However, when I am over emotional, there is something about a pizza, burrito, taco, cubes of cheese or anything with the dairy product. It seems to fill an emotional void. I don't know why. Some women may devour ice cream, I devour cheese. Don't worry, I am working on it. I don't want to die of heart disease when I am 35. 

3) Singing in my car very loudly- For those of you who grew up with me or have had the privilege of making me feel 100 percent comfortable with you, you probably knew this about me. (Yes, I do hold things back from people. Shocking I know.) It just feels good to pour out my heart and soul while driving. So, if you see me driving to and from work in Missouri (which I do a lot, because I commute a lot), be prepared to see me making weird faces while singing. 

4) Watching lame made for tv chick flicks- I love doing this on occasion, especially when I am feeling sentimental or particularly sad. It helps me cry. Something just feels good about a good cry over something as meaningless as a lame made for tv movie. 




No comments:

Post a Comment