Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The sounds, smells and scares of teenage girls

I remember a lot about church girls camp. I did not remember how ridiculous the camp songs were. 

They sing about sharks, potatoes, bananas, being a Mormon girl and all sorts of silly things. It's funny though, because when you are a teenager those things don't seem lame or ridiculous.

It makes me wonder how many things that are important to me now, will turn out to be unimportant or cool in the future. 

Plus, I never noticed the smell of camp. It's awful. It smells like sweaty girls and the great outdoors. Right now I am laying on a cot, next to 2-3 stinky pairs of shoes. 

The scares include bugs. I would say cockroaches, Mosquitos and spiders have been the main topic of conversation at night. It's kind of gross. This is why I never liked camping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment