Sunday, April 6, 2014

When in doubt: blame Obama

It's no secret that I am young and I haven't seen a lot of presidents in my day. Out of 44 presidents, I have only been alive for the last five of them. However, I didn't really know anything about policies etc. until Bill Clinton since. 

Yes, Clinton, George W and Obama have all done things that I wasn't happy with at the time, or now when I look back at their legacy or current decisions. However, anyone in government can tell you that you can't make everybody happy. 

Throughout all these presidencies I have heard a lot of bad things about them all, either in their decisions regarding the presidency or their personal lives. I don't think I need to take us through too much memory lane as most of us probably remember Monica Lewinsky, the Iraq War and the government shutdown due to the great Obamacare debate. 

However, none of these presidents, no matter how bad they were, can be blamed for everything we want to blame them for. 

As I am older, and I have many extreme conservative friends and family, I have heard a lot of hate about our current president. I like to think of myself as a moderate, who sees both sides. Plus, I strongly believe, that even though it is our job to help our government to make good decisions and call them out when they don't, that once a president is elected, that's that. 

Now, I'm not saying we should just leave them to their own devices, because that is a VERY BAD idea. However, when Barack Obama was elected, he became our leader and president. So, he is a big part of the checks and balances system when it comes to making our government function. Yes, he has made some bad decisions and yes, things aren't maybe functioning 100 percent the way we want. But, WE elected him. Not just one side, not just one person, but the majority vote. Isn't that what our founding father's planned? The people choose a man they believe to be fitting? 

Sure, the election process and our times have changed. But, he is our president, and in the end we should stand together as a country. 

Today, i read absolutely the most ridiculous post about Obama today, and trust me, I have read a lot.


 




Even though this guy was trying to make a point, Really? 

He stated that ever since the president took office the economy has gotten worse, his children have gotten older, he has gained weight, he has more grey hair and the cost of milk has gone up. 

Then he said that he was joining his fellow Facebook peers in blaming the president for everything under the sun. 

Sounds to me, even if this guy was making a joke or making a point to Facebook pals, maybe he needs to find some new friends.

2 comments:

  1. This was what you were referring to when you said you took things too literally, I imagine. But, yes, this is a joke. It's a mockery of people who really do blame Obama for everything, as if all of the country's problems began in 2009. It's a common expression among many of my friends.

    Nevertheless, I like what you said. It's a hard ideal to hold up to sometimes, but it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, my web browser doesn't seem to want me to reply. So, if I have replied more than once, I apologize.

      Yes and no. I was referring to more than one thing in my post about taking things too literally. But, this did prompt it, along with other things.

      I like to try to uphold that idea, but like many, I am not perfect. But, once he's elected that's that, unless something he does is 100 percent against the laws we uphold. It's up to us to make suggestions and hope as a whole, that we elected the right guy. Plus, half the people that do complain, probably didn't even vote.

      Delete