Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Insecurity: Our own worst enemy

I've been thinking a lot about insecurity. It plagued me for years, and still does from time to time. The funny thing is, so many others feel it too about themselves, although it's easy sometimes to feel like you're the only one who has insecurities. Some feel insecure about their performance at work, about the way they appear to others and even worse, sometimes their ability to be the type of human being they should be.
I think that's why EVERYONE should have something that they are passionate about. Say, for instance, you love cooking. That's great, if you want to continue to work at it and excel at it, do it. But, when that passion fades, as most passion does at one point or another, find a new passion. If you don't you can't always find yourself in what seems like a dark and dull world.
Some people can find enthusiasm in the same activity or goal for years, as long as they keep challenging themselves. I think that's why I've been pretty care free lately. While the world is sometimes crashing down around me, I know I am still making progress on my own personal goals. Each little goal success makes me almost giddy. It makes me want to sing and dance around to music, or just smile a little more than normal.
It makes you feel just a little bit better about yourself, just long enough to quiet some of those insecurities. Even if it's just for a little while, focus on helping yourself. I've heard often that you can't help others until you help yourself. I think that's true, to a large extent. However, you need to stay in tune to what others around you need as well, or you'll just be a self-absorbed person. It's a tricky balance I think. But, battle your own insecurities first. Then, maybe, just maybe, you can go out of your way to reach out to another and make them feel good about themselves as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment