Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Grey colored glasses are going out of style

I saw a meme on Facebook a few days ago that made me laugh. (Even though I hate memes with a passion) This year is going to be the year everyone was offended by everything. It's so true! Apparently, no one believes in the color grey anymore. 
I was taught growing up, through church, that there are not any grey areas. Everything is black or white. I think adults said this, misinterpreting what it actually meant. I do believe everything is black or white in terms of God's law, which has been set forth since before the beginning of earth. You either choose to follow the 10 Commandments, or you don't. 
However, when it comes to social and political issues, there are grey areas. Unfortunately, no one seems to believe that any more. You either support gays or you don't. You're either Christian or your not. You are conservative or liberal. You are racist, or you're not. You're going to allow in refugees or you're a hateful bigot. 
I wish some people would stop thinking that Republicans are hateful, rich, hypocritical bigots and that Democrats are liberal hippies who have no sense of reality.  

Gay Marriage : I'm for it. 
Personally: I don't believe homosexuality is natural by God's standard. I do believe true marriage is ONLY between a man and a woman. 
Politically: I do believe all men/women have the right to love whoever they want, and be married if they so choose. After all, this is a free country, and isn't it the Bible that talked about free will? No politician, or Christian, has the right to tell someone they can't marry the love of their life. 

Abortion: I'm against it. 
Personally and Politically: I am a mother by choice. I made the decision to procreate. Most women did too, otherwise they could have practiced abstinence. When you have sex, you take the risk. (Protected or not, as protection is not 100% effective.) If you were raped, you can still put the child up for adoption. That child could be a great scientist, someone who creates beautiful art. Either way, the fetus is the formation of a living child. To toss it out, is to devalue life. Using politics to rid yourself of what you consider your shame, embarrassment and a mistake is pathetic. What if your parents had aborted you? 

Refugees: I am against the idea of rushing them in here to meet some goal President Obama's administration has set. 
Personally: There are children out there. There have been a lot of amazing people come to America who were refugees, who changed the U.S. forever in a positive way. This included actors to scientists. I believe in helping all people from ALL races, faiths and walks of life. They NEED our help. I would love to see those children  sleeping in a safe, warm bed; instead of in the streets. What if that was my son? What if that was my husband? What if it was me? I want to feed the hungry, clothe the naked and support the poor, like most actual Christians. We believe in helping those in need, as quickly as possible. The U.S. has already helped 2,200 refugees. That's pretty amazing. Good for us, but yes, there are MANY more to help. Our work is not done.   
Politically: It doesn't make sense. The vetting process takes MORE THAN A YEAR at best. Even then, there are refugees who don't have enough background information available for the United Nations to vet them properly. I mean, heck, one of the terrorists who attacked Paris made it through a refugee processing center. If President Obama talks congress into letting in refugees too quickly, we as Americans, could be responsible for another 9-11. Yes, I am scared. Anyone who isn't, is fooling themselves. To rush this process could, and most likely would, be extremely dangerous. To allow 10,000 refugees in by the end of the year (President Obama's goal) would require the vetting process to be sped up. Then, by 2017 he wants to be letting in 100,000 a year. Now that is not only a dangerous risk, it's also unrealistic.


No comments:

Post a Comment